There is a need for camera system suitable for practical welding education that conveniently provides magnified views of the melt puddle behavior during both instructor’s demonstration (to teach a greater number of students to more effectively read the arc and weld puddles), and during student practice (to highlight and drive home the instructor’s observations and feedback). Ideally such a system would be both unobtrusive and flexible so that the variety of viewpoints that a welder takes during different welding tasks could be easily mimicked with the camera.
The MeltView APEX2 is our welding education camera system that provides clear, in-focus, magnified views of the weld zone during both demonstration and student practice. Because the small APEX2 camera mounts flexibly to the MIG or TIG welding torch, it’s possible to show and record circumferential welds, 3G welds, long welds, and more, from an angle that most closely resembles the manual welder’s point of view.
Every APEX2 camera comes with a laptop with our MeltView LUCI software ready to go. LUCI makes it easy to record and annotate video files. The user can also optimize the welding and non-welding images via preset modes or individual parameter adjustments. Other software features include digital zoom, timestamp, frame-by-frame playback, background enhance mode and adjustable crosshair overlay.
Why Choose a Welding Camera?
- 90% of welding skill is visually based. Virtual reality trainers can’t teach this critical skill.
- Instructors can engage students and demonstrate welding to more students, more effectively.
- Student understanding is greatly enhanced by a magnified image of the weld, both of the instructor’s welds and their own welds.
- Create video libraries for e-learning resources that attract and aid students.
- Document student progress and results in a unique way that enables students to advance and enter employment faster.
- Increase qualification testing success.
MeltView Apex2 Advantage
- Our unique torch-mounted camera system mimics the welder’s viewpoint.
- Once the camera is mounted to the torch in the desired position, the image stays in focus as long as you weld.
- The APEX2 can be mounted to different torches at different angles, or bench-mounted if desired.
- Our LUCI software for viewing and recording software comes preinstalled on a laptop with every APEX2 camera.
MeltView Apex2 FAQs
Ready To get started?
We'll put ten years of experience designing and building welding cameras to work for you.