Social distancing in the welding lab
MeltView APEX2 Advantage
- High definition 1280x1080p real-time video
- 16:9 aspect ratio suitable for large screen projector or HDMI monitor
- Teach while maintaining distance among students and between student and instructor
- At 4oz and ~2x2x2″ the camera can be optimally mounted to torch, bench, arm, or gantry
- Huge 10″ depth of field makes it easy to keep camera in focus
The APEX2 kit includes two mini torch mounts and a magnetic bench mount. You can mount the camera to the torch for a close-up, continuously in-focus view, or mount it to a free-arm or sliding fixture for a more traditional fixed area view. At 4oz and 2x2x2″, the APEX2 fits almost anywhere you’d like to position a camera. We recommend that instructors try the torch mount for teaching TIG and MIG. As one instructor says, “I like the view mounted to the torch because it’s right in your face, it’s always in focus.”
The camera is also a useful tool for maintaining social distance while evaluating student welding, The instructor can view the student’s live weld on screen and also record it to subsequently discuss with the student while examining the completed weld.
Ready To get started?
We'll put ten years of experience designing and building welding cameras to work for you.